You don’t want to think about it right now, but finals are just around the corner. That means you can add studying for them to your already vast to-do list. Here are some helpful hints on how to prepare for final exam day!
- Arrive early. Make sure you know the location and time of your final exam. Get there early to give yourself enough time to settle down before the exam starts.
- Be awake for the test. Ideally, getting a good night’s rest is always encouraged before an exam; however, realistically, we all know that can’t always happen. Other options are to shower in the morning, chew gum, to have a caffeinated drink. Always be cautious when consuming caffeinated drinks, you don’t want to be jittery for the test.
- Eat a small breakfast. You’ll want to minimize any possible distractions during the test. It’ll be more difficult to concentrate if you’re hungry. Don’t eat anything that may upset your stomach.
- Bring extra writing utensils. You never know when your pencil’s going to break or run out of lead or your pen’s going to run out of ink.
- Bring all essential test materials. There’s nothing worse than forgetting to bring a calculator or notes to an exam. Professors usually won’t have extras or allow you to share with another classmate.
- Go to the bathroom. Self-explanatory. This is another precaution to minimize distractions during the test.
- Wear comfortable clothes. You’ll want to be comfortable taking the test. Popular choices are sweatpants and hoodies.
- Bring any necessities. Bring a water bottle, tissues, cough drops, etc.
- Look over your notes. Review important information again before the test to refresh your memory.
- It’s just a test. Remember that you studied hard and have confidence in yourself.
Does your child need help preparing for finals? We can help! Contact us to speak with a Chicago Academic expert!